Photographs that Sell Your Business Listing
Look at examples of the photos uploaded by your competitors. In order to do this properly, you must click on the “Map” link which you will find in the top left of the Google search results page. If you were looking for a carpet cleaner in Atlanta, this is what you’re customers would see.
Carpet Cleaning Example
While looking at each photo, ask yourself these questions based on just the photo.
- Is this company is reputable?
- Is this company is local?
- Do I want to associate with this company?
- What is it about this photo that attracts me and distracts me?
If you don’t have at least one photo to represent your company, get one … actually get 10. I strongly encourage you do to three things.
- If you can afford it, hire a professional photographer. Call me if you want my list of reasons why?
- Take photos with well groomed, smiling, happy people in them. This can be you or any of your employees that will represent you in this manner.
- Tag each photo using your primary keywords and location if appropriate.
Step 1: 220 x 155
You can resize your photos at picnik.com
Step 2: Geo-tag and keyword caption each of your photos at PicasaWeb Photos.
Step 3: Crop your first photo to 87 x 62 pixels for your first Google Place Page photo. This is the only way to insure that you get the photo you expect in your listing.